The April 2020 NC Preserves is now available online. In this issue:
- Covid-19 resources for cultural institutions
- Work from home ideas for preservation and conservation professionals
- NCPC workshop recaps
- Kernersville Museum reports on the results of the NCPC Preservation Grant project
Thanks for reading!
Disaster Recovery Hands-On
Andrea Cole of the Davidson County Museum inspects collections after a leak.
Veteran collections stewards and disaster planning and recovery experts, Martha Battle Jackson of N.C. Historic Sites and Sharon Bennett of the College of Charleston, will guide participants in a collections wet-recovery scenario. Learn by doing with “expendifacts” and practice triage, stabilization, and support for various damaged materials. With recovery knowledge, useful supplies, and teamwork, disaster recovery is possible!
- Where? Duke Homestead State Historic Site, Durham
- When? Monday, April 20, 2020, 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- How Much? $50 for NCPC members, $75 for nonmembers, includes morning refreshments and lunch.
- Registration: https://ncpc.formstack.com/forms/disaster_recovery
- Scholarships: NCPC offers a limited number or workshop scholarships, which cover full registration for the workshop. It does not cover travel, lodging, or other expenses. Applicants must be employees or volunteers at a North Carolina institution, with a preservation mission that has little or no funding for professional development, or be a graduate student enrolled in a preservation-related program at a university in N.C. To apply for this scholarship, send an email explaining why attendance is important to you along with a current resume to the NCPC Executive Director. Deadline for scholarship applications is March 20, 2020.
The January 2020 issue of NC Preserves is now online. In this issue:
- NCPC Annual Conference recap
- Disaster planning resources
- Upcoming grants, conferences, and workshop deadlines
- Job Openings (apply now!)
- DIY museum vacuum
Save the date: Friday November 13, 2020, for the next NCPC Annual Meeting.