Catch up on what NCPC and its members have been doing over the winter. In this issue:
- Introducing NCPC’s new Interim Executive Director
- Preserving Historic Cemetery Workshop Recap
- NCPC Preservation Grant Deadline, application deadline March 15th
- NCPC Annual Conference handouts, download them today!
- HBCU Library Alliance Internship, a new initiative with Duke University Libraries
- Hometown History Workshops
- NCPC giving, join the Board and give today
The newsletter is now online. You can view past newsletters on our News page. As always, if you have preservation news you would like to submit, please contact the newsletter editors.
NCPC Preservation Grants
Application Deadline: March 15, 2018
It’s that time of year again! The North Carolina Preservation Consortium (NCPC) is now taking grant applications for the 2018 cycle. These grants are intended to promote the preservation of collections in libraries, museums, archives, and historic sites; monuments, memorials, and outdoor art; archaeological sites and collections; and historic and cultural architecture. The maximum award is $2,000.00.
Please go to the NCPC Preservation Grants website to fill out a grant application. There you will also find information on the types of projects we fund, which institutions are eligible, and instructions on how to apply. If you have never applied for a grant before, or you are just looking for some helpful tips, you can view our slideshow about our grants and what we look for in applications. Remember: grant applications are due no later than March 15th.