Have you ever pondered the mystery of paintings conservation or wondered how to care for the framed works of art in your own institution’s collection? If so, consider attending a workshop in the art conservation lab at the N.C. Museum of Art in Raleigh, Thursday August 1, 2019. Paintings Conservator, Perry Hurt, will lead the instruction. The workshop will include a primer on paintings conservation concepts, a tour of the museum lab with current projects, and a discussion of collection problems, storage, and safe handling. Participants will learn preservation techniques for the back of paintings, such as re-keying and vacuuming, and will practice upgrading frames with archival backings and hanging hardware.
- Where? N.C. Museum of Art, Raleigh
- When? Thursday, August 1, 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- How much? $50 for NCPC members, $75 for nonmembers includes morning refreshments and lunch.
- Who should attend? Anyone who cares for a collection with framed works of art.
- Registration: https://ncpc.formstack.com/forms/paintings_preservation
Interested in hosting a workshop? Go to our Workshops page for more information.