Come join the bibliophilic fun! On Friday, September 21, 2018, two expert instructors will teach a variety of techniques, including spine replacement, tipping in pages, end sheet replacement, and repairing paper tears.
- Date & Time: September 21, 2018, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Location: Special Collections Conservation Lab, Joyner Library, ECU, East 5th Street Greenville, NC 27858-4353
- Instructors: Craig Fansler, Preservation Librarian at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library, Wake Forest University, and Larry Houston, Preservation Librarian at the Joyner Library, East Carolina University, will lead the session.
- Who Should Attend? This workshop is intended for staff and volunteers in libraries, archives, museums, historic sites, and other heritage institutions. Books will be supplied for attendees to work on, but you are encouraged to bring 1 or 2 books which need repair. If time permits, we’ll work on what you bring.
- Registration: The registration fee for this workshop is $50.00 for employees of NCPC member institutions and individual NCPC members, and $75.00 for non-members. Click here to register
One thought on “Workshop Announcement: Basic Book Repair”
I have some books that are 100 years old and some a little older than that. The ones in the worse condition are a collection of old Charles Dickens that are in bad shape that I bought at a yard sale. It breaks my heart to see them in this shape. Can someone please give me contact information on someone that might be interested in restoring them or my other old books?