NC Preserves has hit the virtual printing press. In our latest newsletter you will find articles on:
- A recap of the NCPC Annual Conference “Preserving Community Heritage”
- A review of our Intermediate Cemetery Preservation Workshop
- Upcoming workshops
- Upcoming deadline for NCPC Preservation Grants (spoiler: Deadline is March 15th!)
- New Member Spotlight: The Tobacco Farm Life Museum
Check it out online.
Anne Jennings (L) and Dewey Burges (R)
Anne Jennings and Dewey Burgess from the Camden County Heritage Museum and Historic Jail accepted the 2018 Robert James Award for Preservation Excellence at the 2018 NCPC Annual Conference on November 16, 2018. This annual award recognizes institutions in North Carolina that have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to the preservation of tangible and intangible heritage of enduring value. The NCPC Board of Directors selected the Museum for its commitment to preserving the history of Camden County and its historic jail.
Read the full press release here. Visit these links to view videos that highlight the museum.
“Camden Heritage Museum” [94 seconds]
“Camden County Jail” [7m 42s]
The October issue of NC Preserves is now available. Inside this issue you will find information on
- The upcoming Annual Conference (still time to register!)
- Review of the Summer Storage Camp workshop
- Grant updates
- New member highlights
And more! If you have preservation news to share, get your information to us by December 15, 2018.